Attactive

Thứ Sáu, 10 tháng 2, 2012

Episode 18. There's a message for you




(download)

1. Letter Writing - 2. Excuse Me, Sorry & Pardon - 3. Going To / Gunna - 4. Kids & Teenagers

ANNE returns to the hotel, to find a message.
ANNE and STEVE return to the hotel courtyard.

STEVE Did you have a good day?

ANNE Very much. Thankyou for taking me. How about you?

STEVE Of course.

ANNE Not too boring? You must have been there a hundred times.

STEVE Not since I was a kid. It was great.

ANNE Hmmm. Do you like Chinese food?

STEVE I love Chinese food.

ANNE I’m going to cook a Chinese meal for you and your family.

STEVE Really! That’ll be great. When?

ANNE Friday?

STEVE Fantastic. I’ll see you then.

ANNE Yes, bye.

STEVE Bye.
STEVE goes, pleased with his day. ANNE goes to collect her key from the CLERK, who doesn’t notice her. She coughs.
ANNE Excuse me.

CLERK I’m sorry Ms Lee. I didn’t see you.

ANNE Could I have my key please?

Episode 19. I haven’t found him




(download)

1. Past Tense - 2. Pronouncing -ed - 3. Irregular Verbs - 4. Past Tense With Did & Didn’t - 5. Contractions

John tells Anne of his progress in finding her brother.
ANNE Have you found my brother?

JOHN Not yet. No. Not quite.

JOHN But I have found something.

ANNE What is it?

JOHN I went to the University. You said he was a student. I spoke to his professor, the head of the course he studied.

ANNE And what did he say? Does he know what happened?

JOHN Well, no. Not exactly. He didn’t know where your brother went. But he told me David had left the university. He stopped going to lectures.

ANNE When did he stop?

JOHN Oh, about a year ago. He didn’t tell anyone. But he left a letter with the Professor.

ANNE A letter! Have you got it? Where is it?

JOHN The professor has it. He wouldn’t give it to me because it was addressed to you. He left… ah, his card.

ANNE I’ll go and see him. Thankyou.

JOHN I found out something else.

ANNE Yes?

JOHN Your brother had a girlfriend.

ANNE Really! He didn’t tell me. Who is she?

JOHN Well, I don’t know yet, but I’m sure I can find her. We’re closing in Ms Lee. Fear not.

ANNE Thankyou.

Episode 20. You walk sadly




(download)

1. Advice & Sympathy | 2. Saying How You Feel | 3. Hope Not | 4. Adverbs

ANNE catches a bus to the University.
Anne walks to the bus stop. An elderly lady waiting for the bus watches her walk up. Anne sits next to her.

ELDERLY LADY Hello dear. How are you?

ANNE Very well thankyou.

ELDERLY LADY Are you sure? Is anything wrong?

ANNE No, I’m fine.

ELDERLY LADY I watched you walking. You walk sadly. I’m old. I walk slowly. But you walk sadly.

ANNE Well I do have a problem.

ELDERLY LADY Not too serious I hope?

ANNE I don’t know. I hope not.

ELDERLY LADY Worrying doesn’t help, my dear. Think positively. It helps. Do something, take action. You’ll be alright.

ANNE I hope so. Thankyou.

ELDERLY LADY Where are you from dear?

ANNE Singapore.

ELDERLY LADY You speak English very well.

ANNE Thankyou. Sometimes when people speak very quickly I can’t understand.

ELDERLY LADY Don’t worry. I speak slowly.
A bus is coming. The elderly lady squints at it.

ELDERLY LADY And I see badly these days. What number bus is that, dear?

ANNE It’s one ninety.

ELDERLY LADY At last. It was nice talking to you.

ANNE You too.
 
 

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét