Attactive

Thứ Sáu, 10 tháng 2, 2012

Episode 8. This is my brother




(download)


1. Paying - 2. Rooms - 3. Possessive Pronouns - 4. Relations & Family


ANNE goes to SARAH’s house for lunch.
ANNE arrives in a taxi.

TAXI-DRIVER Here we are.

ANNE How much is that?

TAXI-DRIVER That’ll be seventeen-fifty thanks love.
She gives him twenty dollars

ANNE Keep the change.

TAXI-DRIVER Thankyou. Have a nice day.
ANNE walks towards the house and knocks.
The door is opened by a little girl (LOUISE).


ANNE Hello. I’m Anne.
Louise turns and runs.

LOUISE Mummy!
SARAH comes to the door.

SARAH Come in Anne!

ANNE What a beautiful house!

SARAH It’s been a lot of work, but we’re getting there. This is the bathroom. This is my daughter’s bedroom. And here’s the kitchen.
Louise is in the kitchen ‘helping’.

SARAH Anne’s here. You’ve met my daughter Louise.

ANNE Hello Louise.

LOUISE I’m helping.

ANNE Yes, I see…

SARAH And my husband Mark.

ANNE Hello again.
Mark pretends to have a pain in the back.

ANNE Ooh! Sorry about my heavy bag.

MARK Just kidding.

SARAH But you haven’t met my little brother. This is Steve.

STEVE I was going to pick you up this morning. You wouldn’t let me.

ANNE I’m sorry. I like to find my own way around.

STEVE No worries. Maybe another time.

ANNE Yes, maybe

SARAH Come on. Let’s go outside.

Episode 9. The most beautiful city




(download)


1. Comparing Two Things - 2. Liking / Not Likings - 3. Would Like To


They have lunch and talk about differences.

STEVE So Anne, have you been to an Australian home before?

ANNE No, never. It's a beautiful home Sarah. So big! The rooms are much bigger than at home. There's more space here.

STEVE Do you live in a house?

MARK No Steve – she lives in an igloo.

ANNE Actually, no. We live in an apartment. Most people do. Singapore is much busier than Adelaide, and more crowded.

STEVE Yeah, and more exciting. It's so boring here.

SARAH It's quieter. Some people like that.

ANNE I don't think it's boring.

MARK Adelaide is a very beautiful city. It's a better place to live than anywhere else I've been.

SARAH But you haven't been anywhere. (to ANNE) Mark hates travelling. I love it.

MARK I just don't see the point of it.

ANNE What about you Steve? Do you like to travel?

STEVE Yes. Yeah, I've been to Kula Lumpur, and to Bali. Bali's great!

LOUISE I've been to the zoo!
They laugh. ANNE smiles

ANNE You're lucky. I haven't been to the zoo. I'd love to go to the zoo.

STEVE I'll take you!

Episode 10. What's the matter?




(download)


1. Apologising - 2. Showing Concern - 3.Present Perfect - 4. Past Participle - 5. Agreeing & Disagreeing - 6. For, Since, Ago


ANNE finds out SARAH’s secret mission.

SARAH I’m sorry about my brother.

ANNE Not at all. You have a lovely family. Everyone seems so happy.
ANNE breaks down in tears. SARAH goes to her, concerned.

SARAH Anne! What’s the matter?

ANNE There’s something I haven’t told you.

SARAH What is it?

ANNE When I met your brother, I was thinking about my brother, David. I haven’t seen him in two years.

SARAH How come?

ANNE He’s missing. One reason I came to Australia is to find him.

SARAH I’m so sorry. Have you had any luck?

ANNE Not yet. I’ve hired a private investigator.

SARAH Goodness! Do you think he’ll find him?

ANNE
 Perhaps. I don’t know. It’s been a long time since David last called.

SARAH What do you think’s happened to him? Have you any idea?

ANNE I really don’t know. I can’t help thinking the worst.

SARAH I’m sure he’s alright. If something bad had happened, you would have heard.

ANNE I guess so. I suppose you’re right.
But ANNE doesn’t look convinced.

Episode 11. Let me Help



(download)

1. Offering help - 2. Adjectives - 3. Describing People - 4. A Bit, Very, Fairly, Quite


SARAH offers to help ANNE

SARAH Can I help you find your brother?

ANNE You’re very kind. But it’s not your problem.

SARAH I want to help. What can I do?

ANNE Well, maybe you could get some copies made of this photograph.
She shows SARAH the PHOTOGRAPH of her brother.

SARAH Sure. I’d love to. Anything.
She looks closely at the photograph.

SARAH He’s very good looking. Such a nice smile. Is he tall?

ANNE Fairly tall.

SARAH He looks very fit. Does he play a lot of sport?

ANNE No, he used to.

SARAH What does he do? Is he a student?

ANNE He’s not really academic. He’s clever, but he prefers to do things with his hands.

SARAH He sounds nice. I’m looking forward to meeting him.

Episode 12. The day after tomorrow




(download)

1. Making Arrangements - 2. Shall - 3. Adjectival Numbers - 4. Dates - 5. At, On & In - 6. Fractions


ANNE and SARAH plan a meeting.
SARAH is working at her computer. ANNE knocks at the open door.

SARAH Come in Anne.

ANNE Good morning!

SARAH Good morning. Are you feeling better today?

ANNE Yes thank you.

SARAH What’s on the agenda?

ANNE I’m thinking about this trip to the wineries. I want to meet your main suppliers and talk to them about the market.

SARAH Great. They’ve been dying to meet you. When do you want to go?

ANNE As soon as possible. How about tomorrow?

SARAH I can’t tomorrow. I’ve got some other appointments. What about the day after tomorrow?

ANNE Yes, that’s good. It’s Monday today, so that will be Wednesday. What date is that?

SARAH The fifth of November.

ANNE Okay. What time shall we meet?

SARAH I’ll pick you up at nine o-clock.

ANNE Good. How many wineries do you think we’ll be able to see?

SARAH I’m not sure, four or five. Definitely our biggest suppliers, and maybe a few surprises.

ANNE I can’t wait. Will it take all day?

SARAH Most of the day. I’ll start ringing now, and let them know we have a very important client all the way from Singapore.

ANNE Thankyou. I’m looking forward to it.

SARAH Me too.

Episode 13. What are you doing tomorrow?




(download)


1. Telephone Requests - 2. Taking Telephone Calls - 3. Telephone Numbers - 4. Making A Date - 5. Present Continuous

STEVE makes a date with ANNE
STEVE is nervously fiddling with the phone. He starts ringing, then puts it down, then rings again.
At the hotel, the CLERK answers the phone.


CLERK Medina Hotel. Marie speaking. How may I help you?

STEVE Can I speak to Ms Anne Lee, please? I’m not sure what room she’s in.
The CLERK puts the call through.

CLERK I’ll put you through sir.
In her room, ANNE is looking through some wine catalogues. The PHONE rings.

ANNE Hello?

STEVE Hello. Anne? This is Steve Parker.

ANNE (puzzled)
Steve Parker?

STEVE Steve... Sarah’s brother. We met...

ANNE (surprised, but pleased)
Oh, Steve! Hello Steve.

STEVE Hi. What are you doing?

ANNE Oh, working. I’m planning a trip to the wineries later in the week.

STEVE Oh. When are you going?

ANNE Ah,Wednesday.

STEVE Oh, good. What are you doing tomorrow?

ANNE Nothing. Why?

STEVE Well I have the day off, and I was just wondering... well I was just wondering whether you wanted to go to a wildlife park... with me. You said you’d like to go to the zoo.

ANNE That’s right, I did. Yes, thankyou Steve, I’d love to go.

STEVE Alright! I’ll meet you in the foyer. Ten o’clock?

ANNE Okay, ten. I’ll see you then.

STEVE Great! Goodnight Anne.

ANNE Goodnight Steve.
She hangs up, pleased.

Episode 14. Are there some kangaroos?




(download)

1. The & A - 2. A & An - 3. Is There / Are There - 4. Sequence Words 

ANNE and STEVE go to a Wildlife Park
ANNE and STEVE are buying tickets. STEVE pays for the tickets and gives her one.

STEVE Two, please. And a bag of food.

SHOP ASSISTANT There are your tickets. Have a nice day

ANNE How much do I owe you?

STEVE That’s okay. It’s my treat.

ANNE Thankyou. I’ll buy lunch. Is there somewhere to have lunch?

STEVE Of course. There’s a café just over there. What do you want to do first?

ANNE I really want to hold a koala. Is there a koala here?

STEVE Yes! It’s the most popular animal! We might have to queue though.

ANNE I don’t mind. What else is there? Are there some kangaroos?

STEVE Of course. There are lots.

ANNE And birds? I’ve heard Australian birds are amazing.

STEVE Don’t worry. You’ll get to see lots of birds.

ANNE What shall we do first?

STEVE Well, the kangaroos are just over there. And I think the birds are next, and next…

ANNE …we’ll cuddle a koala!

STEVE Sure! And after that?

ANNE After that, I’ll buy you lunch.

STEVE It’s a deal!

Episode 15. A big grey one



(download)

1. Describing Things - 2. Very, So & Such - 3. One, Some & Any 


Steve and Anne explore the park.

ANNE Look at this big grey one

STEVE He’s massive. He has very, very strong arms and legs.

ANNE And a big strong tail.

STEVE Yeah. And ears. Very big ears

ANNE His fur looks very soft.

STEVE It feels soft on my hand

ANNE It’s got beautiful big brown eyes.
They walk around.

ANNE Oh, look at that little black and white one.

STEVE Oh yeah. I think that’s a willy wagtail. They’re very fast and they move around a lot.

ANNE It’s cute. It’s got such a long tail. Oh, look at that bird!

STEVE Oh, that’s a kingfisher

ANNE Oh, we have them in Singapore

STEVE Really?

ANNE Hmm. Look at its beautiful blue back.

STEVE Very colourful, isn’t it? There’s lots in Australia. Big ones and small ones. We have a very big one called a kookaburra. It has a very interesting laugh.
Anne cuddles a koala.

ANNE He’s so soft and cuddly.

STEVE Yeah, like me!

STEVE They’ve actually also got really sharp claws. See?

ANNE He’s so cute! Can I take him home?

STEVE I don’t think they’d be very happy about that.
Anne has a moment of sadness.

STEVE Oh, look at that one. What’s the matter?

ANNE Nothing… I’m just feeling a bit homesick.

STEVE Come on, let’s go and get something to eat.

Episode 16. What Would you Like?




(download)

1. Ordering Food - 2. Meals - 3. Have & Has - 4. Preferences


Anne and Steve have lunch. 
ANNE and STEVE are at the counter getting some food.
The ASSISTANT is waiting for their order.


ASSISTANT What would you like?

STEVE Anne?

ANNE Ummm…I’ll have a cheese and salad sandwich and a cappuccino thanks.

STEVE Do you have wine?

ASSISTANT No sir. We don’t serve alcohol. We have coffee, tea, soft drinks and juices.

STEVE Okay. I’d like a… orange juice and a pie with chips. Do you have sauce?

ASSISTANT Just help yourself. And I’ll bring the food when it’s ready.

STEVE Thankyou.
They eat their lunch at an outside table.

ANNE Is that good?

STEVE It’s delicious. You should try one. It’s real Aussie food.

ANNE Maybe one day. I don’t eat a lot of meat.

STEVE How’s your coffee?

ANNE It’s very good. Don’t you drink coffee?

STEVE Sometimes. I prefer tea. Or juice. So, was the koala the best?

ANNE Oh, definitely. The kangaroos were interesting too. I’ve never seen real ones before. And the birds are wonderful. I think I liked the birds the most. They’re so colourful, and so many different kinds. What about you? What did you like best?

STEVE Just being here.
He gives her a longing look.

Episode 17. I usually catch a bus




(download)



1. Talking About What You Do - 2. Getting To Work - 3. How Often? - 4. Possessive Apostrophe


ANNE and STEVE talk about their different lives.

STEVE Tell me about your life in Singapore. What do you do every day?

ANNE Well, I work in my father’s business, importing wines. I live with my family.

STEVE How do you get to work? Do you catch a bus?

ANNE Usually. Sometimes I go with my father in his car. What about you? What do you do?

STEVE I’m a builder. I build houses.

ANNE And how do you get to work?

STEVE I drive. I have to use my car for work. I never go by bus.

ANNE Do you enjoy it? Your work?

STEVE Mostly. It’s not easy, being a builder. But it’s outside. I prefer to work outside.

ANNE I never work outside. Occasionally I travel though – like now.

STEVE And what do you do on the weekend?

ANNE Sometimes I go shopping. Sometimes I go out.

STEVE Where do you go? Nightclubs?

ANNE Not really. Occasionally.

STEVE Who do you go with?

ANNE A bunch of friends.

STEVE Boy friend?

ANNE Not at the moment.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét